viernes, 10 de mayo de 2019

What do you call it when the guy says "yes" but you say "no"?

I don't like calling myself "victim" or "survivor".

I never felt that it was "that bad".


Because maybe it was my fault. Did I say "no" enough times? Like if it was needed. Like if one time was not enough.

Should I have resisted more? Should I have yelled at him? 
Maybe you should not invite guys over. Maybe I brought it to myself.

And I hate it. I hate not knowing how to "label" it. When I said no, but he said yes.

Because "it will make you feel good". Because he wanted it. Because he said all those "pretty things" that I did not believe.

And I felt disgusted. And I just waited for my friend to show up. Because maybe like that he would have left.

But I was left alone, with him. I invited him, anyway. What else would you expect, Luce? He wanted to fuck. Did you think he wanted to come over to chat?

And I kept trying to stay away. Trying to watch TV, to talk. Because I already said no. Wasn't I clear enough?


But did you push him away? Did he force himself? What you are talking about isn't even rape.
Maybe you were too inviting. 


I don't talk about this, because I don't like drawing attention to myself.

Because I don't want to be the "victim". And I sure as hell don't feel like a survivor.

I don't mention it, but it triggers me when they say "it's her fault for not speaking up". Because when girls DO speak up,  they are blamed, labeled: Broken, liars, attention-whores.

I don't speak about what happened to me, but I end up crying for hours, with anxiety, because I hear my friends say "it's her fault for not saying anything before". "It's her fault for not reporting"

Last time it happened at work. I told one friend that a taxi driver's conversation was inappropriate, she told me it was my fault for not speaking up.

How can I speak up if I'm not strong enough for facing it? Not strong enough for even being able to admit to myself that I'm not the "Supergirl" I think I am?

When I told another guy that I said no, he said "Oh", and changed the subject.

Because no one likes to deal with that. No one likes actually knowing a victim.

So I don't know how to call it when he said "yes" and I said "no".

Because I did not kick him out of my house.
I just thought, after several times of saying "no", that maybe it would end fast.
But I never changed my mind.

1 comentario:

  1. Lo siento mucho. Me enoja, me duele, me enferma que hayas tenido que pasar por esa situación. Que tengas todos esos pensamientos también porque lo único que sé Luce, es que no tenes la culpa de nada. Y sobre la gente que opina sin saber (sobre todo los hombres que nunca pasaron por una situación así) no los escuches, nunca lo van a entender. A la gente le encanta opinar sin saber, juzgar, herir y seguir hablando sin saber, sin ponerse en los zapatos de quien atravesó tan terrible momento.
    Te abrazo, te mando mucha fuerza y yo te creo. Te creo porque toda mi vida viví situaciones de esa índole (hombres que no se pueden controlar y que no entienden un no) y porque lamentablemente pasa a diario. Un beso grande.

    ResponderBorrar

Allá, en un campo minado, leía tranquilamente. Su sonrisa se ensanchaba cada vez que veía lindas palabras. Pero cuidado, esa enorme sonrisa podría desfigurar su cara.